Medical Legal Partnership Attorney
The Medical Legal Partnership (“MLP”) is collaboration between LSND, Legal Services of Northwest Minnesota, and FHC. The MLP Collaboration is entitled Legal Advocates for Health (“LAH”). The LAH attorney will focus on developing and growing the LAH. In addition to this outreach focus the LAH attorney will provide legal advice and representation to patients of FHC with civil legal issues that impact the social determinants of health. Aside from this direct client service the LAH attorney will provide education to FHC staff and community education to organizations serving the FHC patient population.
• License to practice law with eligibility for reciprocity in North Dakota and Minnesota
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Commitment to providing high quality civil legal services to low income and senior individuals
• Ability to interface and connect with the New American community, including individuals and leadership
• Comfortable with the use of interpreters to interview and advise clients
• Ability to interface with key stakeholders for the LAH
• Ability to communicate with and educate healthcare providers about the LAH
• Aptitude for public speaking
• Interest in assisting with or spearheading opportunities for additional grants
Salary: DOE. Excellent Benefit Package.
If interested, please submit your cover letter, resume, writing sample, law school transcript and three professional references by mail to:
LSND - LAH
PO Box 1327
Fargo, ND 58107-1327
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LSND is an Equal Opportunity Employer. LSND does not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin or sexual preference.