Marketing and Events Coordinator
The International Peace Garden is entering a new era with a strong focus on advocating for world peace through increased programming, events, recreation and expansion of our world-class cactus and succulent collection. The International Peace Garden is searching for an energetic Marketing and Events Coordinator with strong experience.
The right candidate will help lead campaign development for our conservatory expansion project. The Don Vitko Collection is believed to be the most diverse indoor cactus and succulent collection in North America and we’re looking to double the Conservatory space to fit the world-class collection it holds. The Conservatory will be an economic boon for Manitoba and North Dakota. But the Conservatory is just one of the key components to our dynamic 2,400-acre grounds. The right candidate would also lead planning of an annual fundraising gala.
Founded in 1932, centrally along the 49th Parallel, the International Peace Garden remains a beautiful setting to recognize the peaceful coexistence between Canada and the United States. With acres of formal gardens and miles of wilderness trails on both sides of the border, the potential of this non-profit is limitless.
We book weddings and conferences in numerous locations throughout the grounds, including the formal garden terraces, the Sunken Garden, the Willis Pavilion, and the Historic Lodge. Dormitories and cabins can be rented. We’re also looking to expand our music and performance offerings at the incredible 500-seat Burdick Center for the Performing Arts. We want to attract more performers and speakers, including those advocating for peace.
The grounds are also host to the International Music Camp and the Royal Canadian Legion Athletic Camp.
This position is a year-round position and candidates should expect to live on the grounds or nearby. Please submit a resume, short cover letter (no more than one page) and three references. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary, housing and benefits will be discussed and negotiated based on experience and needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, coordinate and execute local, regional, national and international marketing strategies with the administrative office and CEO.
- Work with the Board of Directors and CEO in developing fundraising campaigns.
- Prepare a budget for marketing and events
- Work with the horticultural supervisors, gift shop supervisor and cafe supervisor to develop marketing specific to their areas
- Manage social media and website updates
- Create, deliver, edit and optimize marketing materials
- Deliver marketing and promotional materials via email and multiple medias
- Coordinate email campaigns
- Brainstorm company plans and strategies
- Enforce brand marketing guidelines to create a cohesive feel to each campaign
- Maintain company website
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities
- Maintain positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively, and observing the policies outlined in the personnel handbook.
- Work well as a team member with positive and timely written and verbal communication, including sharing information up, down, and laterally.
- 5-10 years of experience in marketing and/or event planning preferred (willing to help train less-experienced candidates)
- Proven experience with the creation and development of marketing campaigns and content
- Some web design and social media experience
- Creative conceptualization
- Art direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated creative writing skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Strategic thinking skills and ability to streamline processes
- Capacity to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Strong attention to detail, with a commitment to quality and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as the leader of a team
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive own car as well as IPG/state vehicles
- Some overnight travel required for professional development
- Although this position is primarily 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday, some weekend or evening work is required