September - December 2019
Third Wednesday from 11 a.m. - Noon CT
NDANO is committed to helping members build their organizational capacity by connecting within our network. We are excited to launch our first-ever online learning cohort focused on evaluation this fall. Our cohort will be accessible to all members anywhere via Zoom online.
Building from the positive feedback from Dr. Steve Patty's conference keynote on evaluation, NDANO is offering this four-month opportunity to further explore this critical responsibility for nonprofits. As Steve says, "Evaluation is leadership." Join us for this important discussion!
Schedule and Objectives
SESSION ONE: Sept. 18 - Kickoff with Evaluation Expert Dr. Steve Patty
What every leader needs to know about evaluation by Dr. Patty and an overview of the Project Impact opportunity
- Consider fundamental ideas for evaluating your impact
- Learn a key model to frame data and data collection
SESSION TWO: Oct. 16 - Getting the House in Order
Preparing your organization for data collection, analysis and strategic implementation
- Learn the process of organizational compartmentalization and departmental identification
- Learn the process of identifying programmatic indicators that reflect interventions
SESSION THREE: Nov. 20 - Opening and Strengthening Communication Channels
Creating tools and infrastructure needed for intentional program evaluation
- Develop the skills needed to create data collection instruments
- Learn about tools and infrastructure needed to collect and store programming assessment data
SESSION FOUR: Dec. 18 - Understanding What We’re Hearing
Using the information provided to do right by those we serve
- Learn simple, useful ways of understanding qualitative and quantitative data
- Learn how to prepare the results for public consumption
Dr. Steve Patty's 2019 conference keynote
See page 15 for evaluation principle
Learning Cohort Goals
- Develop learning communities around specific nonprofit management topics to leverage successes, discuss challenges and share resources
- Provide free members-only opportunities to connect within the NDANO network
- Offer a safe space for open and honest conversation (sessions will not be recorded)
- Enable participation from anywhere via Zoom online (video with a phone option)
Based on the success of the evaluation cohort, NDANO will offer additional learning cohorts in 2020. If you are interested in helping to facilitate a learning cohort or in participating in a specific learning topic, contact Dana.
Project Impact Opportunity
Project Impact is designed not only to produce credible findings about impact, but to build durable habits of evaluation within organizations.
- Intensive capacity-building evaluation project led by Steve Patty and his team with two in-person meetings and coaching
- Six months from January to June 2020
- Nonprofit commitment: $5,000 fee plus a team of 3-5 members
For NDANO to offer this opportunity, 10 nonprofits must commit by Sept. 30.